Saturday, September 19, 2009

gimlet green

in honor of my favorite drink (which i am drinking alone, in a pint glass, while doing my "homework") the vodka gimlet, i have decided to post again, in gimlet green. the lack of postings have unfortunately not been due to an overly hectic schedule of friends and fun times. it is due to a lack of inspiration.

while many had fashion week to keep them going last week, here in eastern virginia i had school. LAME. there was much hope after tuesdays classes. both of the "friends" i have made we will call them A and L asked for my e-mail address and phone number. obvi i game them and have patiently awaited their contact. sidenote: i also have a third friend we will call E.

NOTHING.

apparently this is one of those situations where i should have also asked for their information (if i had i could possibly be drinking my gimlet at a bar not alone). making friends is super hard and i feel like the older i get (read this as my brithday is less than a month away and i will most likely spend it this same way with Veuve Clicquot and not vodka) the harder it is!

oh yes and to make myself feel better i am watching toddlers and tiaras on TLC. This show does wonders for me. minus the part where a 5 year old gets $1000 dress and a make up and hair team and false eyelashes. only because i know what i could do with $1000 and a hair and make up team and it does not involve prepubescent girls.

also, in january i am going to the Miss America Pageant to see my cousin Erin compete. watching this will de-sensitize me so my comments are at a minimum, i will also have MW to share my snarky comments. (side note they just has literally babies (0-12 months) come out carried by their mothers/fathers, they had life ambitions [go to pre-school, be a successful women, be miss america] they cannot even talk!!!!) and the humpback girl is about to have a "panic attack". GLORIOUS.

I would much rater be watching say yes to the dress, bridezillias or whose wedding is it anyway but this show will have to do. Also, on a fat day i am way thinner than all the moms, in my drunken state this makes me feel AWESOME!

I leave you with this wisdom just spoken from one of the mothers:

"REMEMBER CUPCAKE HANDS...SHOW ME CUPCAKE HANDS....THOSE ARE NOT!!!! CUPCAKE HANDS"

This should be illegal!


No comments:

Post a Comment