Sunday, May 17, 2009

Trader Joe's

i'm in love...

with trader joe's. so much so that today on this perfect day i walked, took a bus and the el to get there. (there is one that is just a bus ride away but whats the fun in that on this beautiful day) AJH has the jeep now.

but i now have all this glorious food! and i got to spend some time outside. Good thing MLF got me that L.L Bean Boat Tote. its also on Nina Garcia's The One Hundred so everyone should have one!

back to trader joe's. reasons why i'm in love:
  • amazing product selection all private label
  • best organic yogurt i have been able to find (and always plenty of frozen raspberries!)
  • cheep prices
  • great produce
  • AMAZING wine (for the non-post college palate you might not agree)
Down sides
  • cannot use coupons (this is major for me)
  • relative small selection of non healthy items
all in all it beats the Jewel and Dominics but if i had a Harris Teeter i would probably split my shopping more evenly!

2 comments:

  1. I take some of my elderly neighbors to TJ's once a month. They love it, and they get to try new things that are in budget.

    I recently was aghast to see that they carry more products with HFCS, which is a no-no in my humble apartment. So now I have to label watch closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes. one time i tried to cut out HFCS. it did not last. perhaps that will be a good post for alex to write about. she still makes fun of me for it.

    have you had mountain dew throwback with the real sugar? its amaz. i'm not a big coke drinker but as a special treat i had one about a week ago.

    ReplyDelete